1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis SnoPro 3000 don't work

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kmamark2000, Nov 11, 2011.

1. kmamark2000

kmamark2000 Senior Member

I have a Curtis SnoPro 3000. It does work very well, (SOMETIMES). Sometimes, all it does is click the solenoid. I have cleaned the all the connections, replaced the solenoid and it still just clicks. Sometimes, it works very well then all of a sudden, it stops. Anyone have this issue? HELP!

2. 2003mikem

2003mikem Junior Member

Check the harness under the plastic cover. I like the plows but the factory harness routing is crape.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Is it a one plug or a 2 plug system? Mine has a 1 plug and the connector is just wore out and doesnt make a good connection all the time and will just click until i jump out and jiggle the plug.

4. kmamark2000

kmamark2000 Senior Member

Thanks!! I checked the plug and that what it is. Wrapped the plug with a bungee cord and it works great now.

5. THEGOLDPRO

You can also get a small pokey like tool and expand the connections a bit to help it make a better connection with the plug. Hope that makes sense lol

Tool like this.
    [​IMG]

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I believe that pokey tool is called an awl, Ben. :p

7. THEGOLDPRO

lol Might be, I only know it as a pokey tool