1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Sno Pro will not go down

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mason39, Jan 25, 2015.

1. mason39

mason39 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I have a curtis sno pro 3000, I haven't had any problems with it since changing the fluid right after I got it. I took if off my truck for 2 days and then today hooked the plow up again but noticed a puddle of fluid on the floor, so I know I have a leak but the plow will not go down. Topped off the fluid. All other functions work fine, but now the plow will not drop?..what is going on?.Any body have any suggestions? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Start test lighting the coils for power to the "down" coil. Wiring diagram handy?

3. mason39

mason39 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks, I'll try that. I just found a trouble shooting guide. Just seems weird that a coil would go just like that?. It was working great.

4. dieselss

It's electric. It's out in the elements. They fail. It happens.
    That's also why you test for signal, to see if it's the clicker or wiring

5. mason39

mason39 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I got into it and sure enough a wire broke off coming off the harness and going into the jack switch. Problem is I'm looking at the harness layout and it shows 4 plug-ins to the jack switch, mine has 5? I have the light blue/ black, brown, pink/black and 2 greens an it only shows one in the harness layout. One of the green ones is broke off, no connector on it. So where does the second green wire go? I'm sure I have the right harness layout.

6. dieselss

You can't see where that wire goes?

7. mason39

mason39 Junior Member
    from Ohio

After I called the dealer an they tried telling me there should only be 4 wires going to jack switch. Mine has 5, I hooked the 2 green wires together and connected them to the jack switch and everything works great..thanks for the help! I appreciate it.