1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis sno pro 3000

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by tclark1, Feb 8, 2010.

1. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have a curtis sno pro 3000 that was working fine this morning now tonight it is acting weird. Plow will raise and lower fine but when you try to angle it it moves about an inch then locks up and wont angle anymore. but the kicker is if you turn the headlights on everything works, but the headlights dim to the point of shutting off when raising? any suggestions? please help me!!!!!

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I would check your grounds and connections to make sure they are clean and tight.

3. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

I would start with the wiring make sure all the connections are clean and getting a good contact in the plow and under the hood of the truck.

4. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Checked all the wiring this morning and didn't find anything? checked all grounds to make sure clean and tight. checked all connections everywhere else to make sure clean. harness plug is clean as well and has di-electric grease in it. any other ideas?

5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

You said your lights dim to the point of almost being off. Have you tested your truck electrical output? Are you putting out 13-14 volts when the truck is running? Is your battery in good condition?

6. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

yes truck out put in 13.8 volts when truck is running. battery is a brand new interstate and it is fully charged.

7. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

check the draw on the motor to start it will draw 130-140 amps and running 80-90 amps.

8. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

amps on motor check fine

9. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

problem is now fixes thanks to the wonderful guys at Schuling Hitch in Des Moines IA. It ended up being a short in the harness on the truck side right against the plow. Only bad part is had to replace both truck and plow side harness to the NEW STYLE. I would be nice if curtis would make replacement plugs for these like western does so we don't have to buy complete harnesses!!! $650.00 to replace these!

10. tc21

tc21 Member

They get a arm and a leg for the parts.

11. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i had the same issue. theres alot cheaper way. i used a boss two plug harness for the motor and a 12 pin western harness for the funtions and lights. no more wiggling the dam plug or harness. cost about 200 bucks.