1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis sno pro 3000 wont remain in float

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by rotax800r, Dec 8, 2010.

1. rotax800r

rotax800r Junior Member
    from iowa

i have a newer curtis sno pro 3000 and it will not remain or go into float .

12v at controller
    12v at truck to plow connector
    12v at float solenoid connector
    removed coil and manually energized it and stuck a bolt through it and it works
    pulled valve out and blew it out and then tried to push in the plunger and it moves but maybe only an 1/8 inch just enough to almost uncover the first hole .

any ideas ? :gunsfiring: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sno pro 3000

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Give me a call at Curtis 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

3. rotax800r

rotax800r Junior Member
    from iowa

now i hooked my plow up and with truck running the plow will raise but as soon as you release lever it falls back down . but if the truck is not running with key on it will go up but only go down manually and not float

4. rotax800r

rotax800r Junior Member
    from iowa

i will call you tomorrow but i wont have truck or plow available . i cannot drive to work with plow it wont stay up .
    cant even get plow off jack wont go down the mounted solenoid just rattles when i push switch to lower jack . funny thing is it will go up and down only when truck is not running but with key on .

5. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

The plow gets it power from the battery will have to see were the black wire with the fuse in the cab is hooked.