1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Sno-Pro 3000 Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mason39, Nov 16, 2014.

1. mason39

mason39 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hello..

Anybody who can help me out on this I would really appreciate it. I have a chance at buying a curtis sno pro 3000 plow it's around 7 to 10 years old, 7'6"length, two wire connection and everything looks to be in decent shape. Guys asking 1000.00 for it which I think is to high. Is it worth buying the mount for my f-250, the controller, wiring harness and solenoid and putting this all together or should I just buy something new? I would have around 1500.00 in new parts plus what I can get the plow for. Thanks everybody!

2. bbarer

bbarer Junior Member

The Curtis is a great plow, heavy duty and they are probably the easiest to get on and off the truck. $2500 for a working plow is a pretty good deal as a new one will set you back at least twice as much. I guess it depends on what your using it for....

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of dealers do you have in your area? Do you have a Curtis dealer close by? That might be the deciding factor

4. mason39

mason39 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I agree, I think it's a pretty good deal after doing some research. The plow will be used for family , friends and a few good neighbors, although I'm sure I could easily recoup my money the way this winter is starting around here. Thanks for your reply i appreciate it!

5. mason39

mason39 Junior Member
    from Ohio

That's sort of a problem because there is none, at least I can't find them. I've googled curtis dealers in my area and quite a few come up but when I call them, they don't supply any parts. Ebay has everything I need for about 1400 bucks or I've called curtis and can get them but ebay is cheaper by a few hundred bucks. It would be nice if there was a dealer around. Thanks for your reply.

6. bbarer

bbarer Junior Member

For parts call King GM in CT...(Google for the contact info) they have a huge inventory of parts and will ship same day anywhere...

7. mason39

mason39 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Update: I went ahead an bought the plow and with a little negotiation I ended up paying 450.00 for it and I couldn't believe it. I ordered all the parts from King GM for the plow that I needed and that was 1385.00 delivered UPS. Thanks bbarer for the heads up on King GM..I blew them off because I thought they were just a car dealer, even though I seen them on Ebay, little did I know, and they did a package deal as well so I saved a little dough...real nice people too. Just waiting on the parts now an hopefully I'll be plowing next week. I appreciate everybody's help here! Thanks a lot!

8. bbarer

bbarer Junior Member

Great! Let me know if you need any help getting it together as I just pretty much did the same thing. Bought an older Curtis and put it on my 2012 F250. Turned out to be pretty easy and straight forward...Be prepared to drill a couple of 5/8" holes in the frame though for the mount! Oh and have fun getting to the driver side headlight plug to hook in the headlight adapters!