1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CURTIS SNO-PRO 3000 Pump motor stays running

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 72MARIO, Nov 22, 2015.

1. 72MARIO

72MARIO Junior Member

I just finished hooking up a used snow pro plow to my 1990 suburban. I took it off a 1991 jimmy. The plow looks to be a 1999-2000 style. When I bought the jimmy I noticed that the pump motor was running and did not shut off. The grounds were very poorly connected and the positive battery cable was a mess. I have replaced the ground wires replaced the cable ends . I have also changed the pump solenoid.

The problem I am having is that the pump motor stays running occasionally. I have to get out of the truck and wiggle the main connector on the truck to get it to shut off. when this happens the running lights come on.

As soon as I turn on the running lights the first movement on the joy stick the pump motor always stays on. I have tried disconnecting the controller but the only way to turn it off is to unplug the harness.

Not sure what to look for next I have a feeling its inside the plow side harness plug there must be a short.

Any help would be great Mario
  2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

It has a bad relay, or a bad controller, or its wired wrong.
    What model plow is it?
  3. 72MARIO

72MARIO Junior Member

I found the problem the plow harness plug had the wires crossing inside from the solenoid power to the running light power as soon as the running lights turned on the pump motor would run. I cut all the 16 gauge wire and used 2 6 pin trailer plugs problem solve.