1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Sno Pro 3000 Pros/Cons

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by GBD, Aug 29, 2011.

1. GBD

GBD Junior Member
    from Ohio

I have no experience with curtis plows and do not know anyone personly around here that runs them. I found one for sale that is 6 or 7 years old but was only used 2 years with a total of 70 hours a year and then has been kept in a barn ever since. The plow is in good shape with all of the original stickers and having almost no rust. It comes with the truck mount and all of the wiring as well. The guy is asking $1000 fror everything and it seems like a good deal to me but I don't have any experience with curtis. Any pros or cons from people that have used them before?

Thanks,

2. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

great plow,easy hook up,love mine.

3. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

If you have any questions or need parts give me a call at 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

4. GBD

GBD Junior Member
    from Ohio

What company are you with and where are you located?

5. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

I work for Curtis in Mass.

6. GBD

GBD Junior Member
    from Ohio

Awesome, thanks for your help. Any idea what these plows retail for new?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Around five grand installed.

8. GBD

GBD Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for all of the feed back, this makes the decission much easier

9. bieriewk

bieriewk Member

Great plow, have had my poly 8' for 3 seasons, only thing I have had to do is change fluid, has never let me down.

10. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

you came to the curtis forum asking if people here like curtis plows?
    thats like walking in to a ford dealership and ask a salesmen is fords are any good.....

i have pretty much been through my whole curtis plow. maybe i just got a lemon?
    before purchasing, i suggest.... compare parts with other brands....i can buy a completely rebuilt meyers plow pump
    here is a link http://www.unionfarmequip.com/pre_o...3695X10K11K2011J7I47I57JPMQ6792R0&veh=2155126
    the curtis dealer last year charged me $750! for just the valve body!
    also my local curtis dealer is over an hour away and not open weekends!
    seems like every auto parts store has parts for fisher and meyers.
    since parts are not easily accessible and pricey, i'm on my 3rd parts plow!
    FYI, used curtis do not hold value! call your local dealership and find out what they install and sell with their trucks. i bought 2 used curtis plows for $500 and the last $750 because it was better condition.

11. bieriewk

bieriewk Member

Maybe you should stop buying cheap used plows? If your using parts off of old garbage plows, that's probably why it breaks so much. I have not needed to replace any parts on mine, bought new three years ago, just regular maintenance and it has never let me down. Consistent good maintenance will make any plow last longer and break less.

12. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

read the whole post before you respond!Thumbs Up

i would buy the parts new if cutris parts where reliably available to me and if they was not so over priced!
    there must be a reason why i'm able to buy cutris plow cheap for parts???? when i talk to the people i buy them they swaped out for a fisher.....
    cheap parts plows keep my curtis plow going. thats the only reason i still run one.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  13. Bison

Bison Member

Had one for 10 years and another for 6 years . No complaints here

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

15. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

wow, another person who can not read my posts.....i even posted a link to a rebuilt meyers plow pump for $500!
    here is several on ebay!
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...r+angle&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
    the block alone brand new on there for $350!

wanna see some stupid curtis pricing? hydraulic reservoir $210!!!!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CURTIS-SNO-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4aad4da703

16. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Paid $1200 installed on my truck for my Curtis. Plowed one year. So far so good.

I do wish we had a dealer around here that knew his a$$ from a hole in the ground. The only thing our local dealer knows how to run is his cash register!