1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Sno Pro 3000 needs work

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by kb9snp, Dec 30, 2012.

1. kb9snp

kb9snp Junior Member

Curtis Sno Pro 3000 8 foot blade with controller and mount for a Ford F250. A bolt broke in it today while he was plowing and caused several problems (I'm listing for my husband but can get details about what's wrong). I know a hydraulic line busted among other things. He's done and wants out of plowing. It was worth $2k before damage. Make offer on it so we don't have to fix it. It has only been used 2-3 years, and there was no snow last year. Truck in picture is also for sale.

IMG_20121223_141552.jpg

2. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

any pics of the busted plow? also what are the specs on the truck? thanks

3. kb9snp

kb9snp Junior Member

No pics yet but will try to get some.

2001 F250 7.3 diesel. Extended cab. 220k

4. kb9snp

kb9snp Junior Member

There is a big bolt-like hinge pin that connects the A frame body that houses the motor that connects that to the mount part that hooks up to the truck part. That hinge broke on the left side and I'm missing the spring for that side, the other side is bent a little, probably could be straightened and it broke a fitting for the left ram. That should be easy to replace. As far as we know that's all that happened. As soon as it happened we stopped plowing and left it there. We're going to pick it up this afternoon now that it's daylight. Decided we want $1,300 for the plow.

Truck has extended cab, short bed, 4x4. Toolboxes on the bed. Good truck but we were thinking of downsizing anyway. This just gave us the push we needed.

Pics of the damaged plow are below

CIMG5609.jpg

CIMG5611.jpg