1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Sno Pro 3000 lowering issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BBEnterprises, Aug 6, 2016.

1. BBEnterprises

BBEnterprises Junior Member

I have a older Curtis Sno Pro 3000. I just went to move the truck and plow to change fluid. The plow went up very slow and down slow (didn't go down all the way) Changed the fluid and now moves left, right, up, but down slows about 10" from ground and lowers very slow. If you stand on plow it drops right down. Any ideas?

Messed with air valve and did nothing.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

How's the lift ram looking?
    Might want to look at the lift ram packing nut.

3. BBEnterprises

BBEnterprises Junior Member

My step father seemed to think it was the lift ram. Someone else I talked to seemed to think it was the float valve. The lift ram looks to be a little sketchy on the top.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'd try to loosen up the packing nut just a hair and see if that does anything

BBEnterprises likes this.
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If what you have been told so far doesn't help, being very careful. Have the plow angled to the right. Stay clear of the plow. Crack the hose loose on the lift piston, if the fluid leaks out and she drops down, you have a problem with the float valve. Have you ever taken the unit out of the A frame, removed the tank and cleaned the screen?