1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Sno-Pro 3000 issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pitsingerk, Nov 17, 2014.

1. pitsingerk

pitsingerk Junior Member

I recently purchased a used Curtis Sno-pro 3000 plow used, it is a 2006 model, 7 1/2'. When I went to install it on my truck I realized the previous owner mangled the wiring harness. I ordered a new harness, truck and plow side and installed it, unfortunately it is the new style harness with relays inline instead and not the old style. When I hook onto the plow and hit a button on the controller, the plow motor comes on and will not shut off until I turn the controller off. The plow does not move at all, no lift, no right or left. Motor just runs until I shut it off. I've double checked all my connections. I tried a friends controller with the same outcome. Does anyone on here have any idea where I should look to resolve this problem?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Since the solenoid feeds current to the plow motor, it may be sticking on. Disconnect the battery cable to the plow. Using a test light operate the plow control and check the solenoid and see if both large terminals are hot after pushing the up button. Then check the small terminal, if its hot, remove the small wire and see if its still hot, if it is, possible bad controller. If not, possible bad solenoid. Make shur the solenoid has a good ground as it grounds thru its base.