1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis sno pro 3000 headlight switch problem

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by indplstim, Nov 16, 2011.

1. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

My plow light switch is heating up, and has partially melted the back side connectors, read somewhere on here about installing a relay to help this?? Not sure where to start with that, I need to replace all connections to the light switch, one was almost completely black and started to melt the wire up from the switch, also after messing with the light switch I accidentally pulled the black wire with the in line fuse off where ever it was connected, I'm guessing the fuse box , just not sure where it attaches, any one have any suggestions?

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

The black wire gets power from a fuse that turns on with the key. For the light switch i would check your connections at the plow lights it sounds like it was drawing to many amps.

3. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

The switch itself is heating up when the plow is not attached, also when when the switch is all hooked up without plow on, when I switch the plow lights on, only the highbeams work

4. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

give me a call 1-800-343-7676 ex3042

5. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

It was the ground wire on the frame as u suggested thanks for the tip!