1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Question

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by NICHOLS LANDSCA, Jan 6, 2010.

1. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I want to know if a V plow wire harness is the same as a straight blade. They are both the 2 wire. Would I just need the V plow controller?

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

No, the Vplow has a different harness.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

DAMN IT. Thanks

4. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

I am sorry but you are wrong...........there are two extra wires going to the jack leg switch on my straight blade which are not used EXCEPT if you have a V-Blade as per the dealer. The only other difference is the controller.

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Could be.

I recall specifically discussing with my dealer installing the harness for the V plow for a future upgrade.

6. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

I could be wrong as well.........dealer here isn't that great, but i upgraded my older straight blade to the dual plug harness this year and tech told me to cut the factory plug off for the jack leg switch on the new harness, cross the red and pink/black and use the same colours as my old harness for the jack switch and then I'd have 2 wires left over that were only used for the v-blades. I also checked the wiring harness on a v-blade on the showroom floor and was exactly the same one I had just purchased.

7. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

8. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

give me a call i can tell you what harness you have 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

9. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I believe the newer harnesses are v blade capable if you have one more than a couple years old they were still using differnet harnesses