1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gbmatt, Jan 1, 2012.

1. gbmatt

gbmatt Junior Member

I have a older used curtis sno pro 3000 that I just installed on my truck. Everything worked good other than the jack switch was broken. I decided to replace it but it still did not work, now the up function will not work. The motor will run but nothing will happen. I am getting it to go up by using the wire from the left angle as the up. Anyone have any ideas? I am thinking it may be a day of pulling the wire harness apart to look for broken wires. Just wanted to see if there was an easy fix to this.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Guess I'd put the old switch back on and see what happens, you sure you got the wires on the switch right? Also the controller needs to be in float for the jack to work

3. gbmatt

gbmatt Junior Member

The old switch was crushed so that is not an option. I did go by the spec sheet they have on line. I did not know that it had to be in float so thanks for that tip. Do you think the jack switch and the up function are related, or was that a fluke?

4. gbmatt

gbmatt Junior Member

UPDATE: I got the switch to work. Problem now is that the jack will extend, but retract when I let off of the switch, and I still don't have the up function.

5. gbmatt

gbmatt Junior Member

Update:

I now have it working. The problem was the connectors were bad so I replaced them, and all functions are working. The jack will still not stay down, but the problem there is that the jack retract valve is stuck open. I don't feel like taking that apart right now so I am just using blocks when I take the plow off the truck.