1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Plows

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LordOfTheSith, Feb 23, 2006.

1. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

My friend wants to sell me his Curtis plow set up....I am new to the whole plowing business. I currently have a Diamond plow and a brand spanking new Western. I have another vehicle that the Curtis will fit on but I have never heard of Curtis plows. Are they junk? Is it worth getting? He wants $1000 for the whole thing, frame, plow and all the cables and hoses etc. Help me out here my plow buddies!

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

How old is it? In good shape as far as rust, paint, working condition..? Curtis plows are very nice, and should make a nice addition for you. From what i've seen of them, I would have no reservations on buying one.:salute:
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen plenty up here and we have two dealers in a city of 35,000-38,000 people. They seem to hold up well.
  4. R.M Hanson

R.M Hanson Junior Member

Curtis Plow Owner

I have owned a curtis plow for about 6 years now, and other than replacing the cutting edge a couple times due to wear, I have not had any problems whatsoever in that time. I am a landscaper and I plow 20 residential drives and 2 small parking lots and the blade has proven to be very reliable and durable. I would recomend them to anyone.