1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis plows

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by norstar, Nov 26, 2005.

1. norstar

norstar Junior Member

Just getting started here in North Carolina. Have found a good deal on a Curtis, does anyone have any feed back its the 3000 (not the home owner system). My truck is a 2002 f250 crew cab 7.3 psd
    Thanks in advance

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I dont hear many complaints about them but i have never used one if that helps any. I have checked them out and they look like well built plows to me. Make sure you have a good dealer close by you never know when something can happen and you need a part fast.

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Great Plows I second everything posted above, first and foremost find a dealer close by in case you need service.

Regards Mike

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

great plow

great plow this is my second season for mine had 0 problems. currently runnung on same truck, but also had on a chevy 2500hd diesel, always cleans well. Did have recall on the safty pins last year but that was it

5. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Can you tell me more about the recall?

6. clip5135

clip5135 Junior Member

I put a used curtis on my chevy 1/2 ton, it plows great I took the "feet" off the plow because I do some stone lots. I hose it off and grease and oil it each time.The hitch and run system is great

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i just bought an 8ft myself look well built

8. John B

John B Junior Member
    from ohio

I looked at one a guy has used this weekend,looks like a well built plow,I just didnt want to spring the extra $ for a mount for my Dodge.

9. superj

superj Junior Member

Curtis quality

I have had a Sno-Pro 3000 on one of my trucks for a couple of years now. The pros: plow performs really well, smooth appropriately timed tripping, fast pump, no cracks, durable components. The cons: my 8'6" straight weighs more than my Boss 8'2" V, the paint system is not industry leading durable, mine has as much Extend and Rustoleum on it as factory paint. I live in Minnesota where Curtis is really oddball, the only reason I have mine was that a local credit union I plow for practically gave it to me. It was on a truck they repossessed and the auto auction where they take their repos told them the truck would bring more money in the summer without the plow on it. I removed it and they let me keep it for $500. It was only one year old but like I said not a common piece around here so I preemptively bought a spare parts selection from an online place, and of course three years later haven't needed any of them yet, knock on wood.

10. amsoil man

amsoil man Junior Member

we have sold only curtis plows towards the end of 04 and early season this year have had no problems yet, well built and the company is willing to work with instead off throwing you under the bus, personal i like them a lot, jr