1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gman2310, Nov 30, 2004.

1. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

Does anyone have curtis plows or know anything about them. I was looking to get one on my 2004 dodge dually. I like the fact that you cant see the plow mount. But how reliable are they.
  2. geereed

geereed Senior Member

i saw a f250 today and you sure could see the mount.It hangs really low.
  3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Unless it was modified, it could not have been a curtis mount, either that or it was on an older F-250. They Do have the best mounting system and the cleanest most low profile mount available.

As far as the plows, i have 2 of them a 7'5" and a 7' poly, I love them both. the 7' i just bought, the 7'5" is in its 3rd season. No problems with either plow.
  4. cbsuperduty

cbsuperduty Junior Member
    from Iowa

Getting my Curtis installed tonight. I can tell you that in general they are low profile mounts. They did come out with an update kit that would lower the mount for Ford SuperDuty's due to the height of F350's. I chose this plow as one of my buddies has had no major issues with his for the last 3 years. I also know some people at the local dealer. They indicated the worst and most common problem is in some of the older models that had the plastic fluid resivor. They would crack at the neck. You can get a replacement for around $70.00 but if you purchase a new plow then you shouldn't have to worry. Good luck with your decision.
  5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

This is my second year using a Curtis. I love this plow,easy to get on and off. It can handle a large amount of snow. So far I did have one repair the harness on the plow had a short and the jack switch would not work. It took them about 3 hours to trouble shoot it and change the harness.

Regards Mike
  6. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

From what I have seen I am impressed. They appear to be well built and well designed units.
  7. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

quite a few Curtis plows around here, never heard of any problems with them, have heard good reviews of their hitching system. Saw a Curtis V yesterday, I had never seen one before or new they made them.
  8. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

We ran an origional series 2000 8 ftr. for 7 years, we never had a problem, now are using snoways.
  9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we have 3 curtis plows. all our 9 footers and they are a great plow. hook up easy, scrape incredibly well and i really like the mount for them. barely can see anything when the plow is off. no fumbling around for connections through the grille as well. id recommend them.