1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Plows User's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Nov 1, 2003.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im thinking of adding a curtis plow to my 2500 hd dodge anyone have problems or likes or dislikes i saw the sales video looks tough i dont know i wanna hear from other users im using it from commercial and residental :help: :D

2. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Chris,
    I've been using a 7 ½ ft Curtis on a 2000 F-250 for Residential customers for 3+ years now. I've had no real problems with it and would buy another.

If you have any question let me know,

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

my only concern is that bottem plug in thing

4. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I've never had a problem with it.

Only electrical thing I had was the ground bolt on the plow coming loose a bit so the plow would somtimes move, somtimes not. Took about 5 minutes worth of time to find it. Tightened it back up and haven't had a problem since.

Actually, the wire harness is long enough on the plow side to plug it into the holder under the lights when not in use, so you could probably move the truckside harness to meet up with it through the grill if you wanted to.