1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hfdresq1, Nov 7, 2004.

1. hfdresq1

hfdresq1 Junior Member

i am in the process of buying a new truck and was interested in any information on curtis snow plows. does anyone have any information, good or bad, regarding these plows. i currently have a 1985 chevy k20 with an 8ft fisher but am looking at a 97 gmc 2500 with an 8ft curtis.

2. dzines

dzines Junior Member

I've used my curtis for two seasons, and love it. No problems what so ever. I put wings on it last season, works any better. Mine is a full board trip. I don't know how well there trip edge plow works, but the frame set up worries me. I would like to trade up to a new trip edge but I'm pretty reluctant. I am however, going to buy another one full trip model next week to put on an 85 Blazer.
    There are only a few guys on this site that i've found that have a curtis plow. I think there are a lot less dealers for the other plows, and that has hindered curtis selling more. But I must say that it seems that the rest of the industry is finally catching up to Curtis' mounting system. (but I still don't think the others are as fast/easy.)

Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know.

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have a 2001 3/4 HD chevy with a 8 ft Curtis snow pro 3000. I love this thing,easy to take on and off. I have pushed alot of snow with it and would buy a new one in a heart beat. Its a little on the heavy side but it does a good job of cleaning the pavement.

Good Luck Mike

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I have used both Fisher's MinuteMount( first gen.) and Western's new Ultra Mount system, and have never had a problem with either. Longest part of connecting/disconnecting is the wiring. I hardest thing is learning where to line up the truck, which you have to do on all systems.