1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis plow won't lift

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jamesthompson, Mar 22, 2011.

1. jamesthompson

jamesthompson Junior Member

we have a fairly new, used plow and the plow won't lift. I hear the motor whirring and the blade will turn left and right but when the button is lifted, nothing happens. At one time the blade wouldn't move either to the left or right. Any ideas?
  2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

first check fluid level also go to curtis section on forum for info.. i got 1 this year came with dump truck i bought ..i didnt use it much ..i plowed with it a few times . use it more to salt. but i added automatic transmission fluid to mine.. its a curtis snowpro 3000 8 footer with wings . it came with manuel .manuel says automatic trans fluid good luck ...ussmileyflag

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sometimes the plug might not be tight, mess with the plug and see if that helps