1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Plow Questions...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by harrisbw, Dec 1, 2005.

1. harrisbw

harrisbw Junior Member

Hi...first post. I'm new to plowing and have a 7.5' curtis plow on a '95 F-150. The electrical plug is down low attached to the plow frame and I seem to be having problems with the connection (I have read the other threads concerning this problem). Here are my questions...

1. What is the recommended grease to use on the connections, does it make a difference???

2. How difficult would it be to move the connection up higher i.e. through the grill. Could I do it myself or could any mechanic do it without costing a fortune (no curtis dealers around here)?

Otherwise just want to say that the curtis plow performed above my expectations through our first snow of the season. I'm hoping my luck holds up for the rest of winter. Thanks for your help!
  2. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I use electrical dielectric grease. I think the grease used on spark plugs is dielectric also. You need something to stop corrosion that won't conduct electricity. I use it on my trailer plugs, too. I've got the same plow, same setup for the plug in, and except for a broken wire in the cable caused by bending when raising and lowering the plow, haven't had any problems.