1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Plow Problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JRFire, Jan 16, 2003.

1. JRFire

JRFire Junior Member
    from PA

I just hooked up my dads Curtis plow for him because it is supposed to start snowing soon..... Well i get it hooked up and it goes up and down good but it wont move left or right.... you can hear the motor run but it wont move.....Does anybody know what could be the problem, I think it might be that the angle rams are frozen but i dont know? any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks
    :confused:

2. MLI

MLI Member
    from Boston

check the hoses

Check your hydrolic hoses for pistons that angle left and right for leaks. Also check connectors...sometimes dirt can get into them and screw things up.

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

JRFire

I had the same problem with my Meyer. The dealer disconnected the hose and pushed the center part against solid metal to release the pressure. Hooked it back up and it worked fine. I felt stupid.......

Gene

4. JRFire

JRFire Junior Member
    from PA

well all that was wrong is that it was frozen..it has been freezing here and the plow was sitting outside so i guess it froze....thanks to those that replied