1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis plow owners

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Feb 7, 2006.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i was wondering if anyone uses or bought there all weather cover im thinking of purchasing one
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

FWIW I live 20 minutes away from the plant, and would'nt even consider them for commercial plowing. IMO they are too light for commercial applications.
  3. PLOWMAN45

you saw the new one i have the 8ft heavy duty i have not tripped it once i will take the pepsi challenge anyday
  4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I bet to differ. But maybe in not big enough to be considered commercial? but ill let you decide. I have 35 accounts, with the route taking anywhere from 8-12 hours. The plow has been great, no defects other than the normal connection problem, but that is solved so its no big deal. The plow is a 1999, and still has the original paint, and hasnt even started to rust yet. It has been used commercially for the past 2 years, one of the years being from a fellow plowsite owner, and one year from me.

Thus said, I have never used another brand, only curtis, next plow will be western or boss though, only for dealer service.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I beg to differ. All I will operate is BOSS, but if it wasnt them, it would be Curtis. My friend has a 7'6" on his 1500 and that thing is built like a damn rock. Nice paint, design, mounting ease, etc. Curtis makes awesome plows that are very capable of "Commerical" use. Just my 0.02.:nod:
  6. 129

129 Junior Member

Curtis plow plug connection

I use a curtis plow and have been having problems with the plug in connection. I think its a poor design where they mounted the plug so low on the frame. Does anyone out there have a solution to the problem. I have been using a small bungee cord to hold it in place. Any suggestions? Thanks Scott:confused:
  7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

What I did was spread some of the male pins open a little. Use di-electric grease. And when you plug it in, loop the wires over the "bar" part so it makes better contact. I'll take a pic of that tomorrow if you dont understand what im saying.
  8. PLOWMAN45

i saw that on video when bought mine last year they were able to send it through the middle of the grill so i dont have any problems