1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis plow on '01 Dodge Ram sport

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by ryandann, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ryandann

ryandann Junior Member

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram sport. Does anyone know if the bumper cover will have to be cut? If so how much? Does anyone recommend using the Timbrens? Any help would be great.

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I dont believe there is any trimming that needs to be done. I thought on my 99' they would have to trim but it cleared fine, that was a Boss though

What truck/plow do you have?

3. ryandann

ryandann Junior Member

it is a curtis plow on a 2001 dodge ram sport

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Great info there :rolleyes:, so I will say you dont need Timbrens since you have a 7.5' plow on a 1 ton truck :p

Not to be a dick but dont ask questions if you arent going to supply the right info.

5. stans1949

stans1949 Junior Member
    from MN

You will definatley need to trim your bumper cover. It gets trimmed the width of the mount and probly 2-3 inches up. On a boss mount the mount sits back further than the curtis. Also if your putting the plow on be sure to get the right headlight adaptors. The ram sport has dual bulbs where the standard ram has one bulb.

6. stans1949

stans1949 Junior Member
    from MN

If its a half ton timbrens arent a bad idea, if its a 7.5 foot plow you probly wont need them but thats mostly up to you.

7. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Put the plow on, put some ballast in the back and see how much it dips. If it does, add them, if not you are fine.

8. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

no you wont need to trim your bumper any just take that stupid plastic thing off the bottom (the one thats screwed on to the bottom plastic on your bumper) and you will be fine

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

WRONG!!!, the 2001 sport has a diffrent bumper then the older style 95-2000 rams had, you will def need to trim the bumper.

the 01 sport had the one piece bumper that didnt have the plastic deflector on the bottom
    [​IMG]

older bumper
    [​IMG]

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Right on Ben.:nod:

The sport is a one piece bumper that will have to be trimmed.

The timbrens are an excellent idea consider ballast as well, i think all the 2001 sports were 1500s.

Also beware; the sport was the first of the Dodge Rams to go with low side switched headlights and will require a different headlight harness then the standard model Ram.

11. bigmudder77

from wooster

guess that my 01 just had the sport stickers on it cause it looked just like the rest i have had which were older

unless some one just swapped out the front bumper or some thing

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or hood;) Was the grill color matched to the truck?

13. bigmudder77

from wooster

ya it was black but the bumper off the 1995 was the same thing that was on the 2001

id just swap the bumpers so you dont have to cut it you can pick up a bumper used for pretty cheap then when you go to sell it and wanna keep the plow set up or any thing just swap them back

but dont know how much work you wanna do to it its nothing for me to swap the bumpers out and thats just what i would do unless you dont care about the looks of the front bumper then just cut it