1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis plow lights problem!!

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by VEGGIEPLOW, Dec 1, 2009.

1. VEGGIEPLOW

VEGGIEPLOW Member

ok, switched a plow to a newer truck and have a issue. the headlight pigtails that connect into the factory lights dont match the newer truck. am i right in saying that all they do is allow you the ability to turn off your factory headlights with the flip of the plow lights? the pigtails are NOT hooked up and i have my switch wired up the same way as before but nothing... i called curtis and he seemed to conform my assumption that the pigtails only serve this purpose... im stumped.. im eventually (week or so) gonna buy one but....
    thanks in advance

2. tc21

tc21 Member

do you need to put some wire into the head light ends to complete the circuit on the plow side?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  3. tc21

tc21 Member

ok. no relay. sorry.

4. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

You don't just turn off the truck lights but you also turn ON the plow lights at the same time. Its a selector switch..... one or the other - if you see what I mean. Curtis should have the correct pigtail for your truck available.....

5. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

A curtis dealer would have the pig tail needed that would fit your type of lights, or try a auto part store for an adapter to fit old one, if they exist...

6. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Hi Veggieplow for the headlights to work you need the right harness for the truck.Give me a call 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.