1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis plow issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BREW461, Oct 23, 2010.

1. BREW461

BREW461 Junior Member

Hey guys! Nice site you all have here. Last year I picked up a curtis snow pro 3000. Got a great deal on it and it worked great all last winter. I am getting is ready for this season. I am having some trouble and thought I would register here to get some expert help.

The plow is having trouble angling left. It didn't want to lift for a bit, but I cleaned up the plug and that works flawlessly now. I was suspecting a bad angle left coil. Finally found a dealer up here in Michigan that knew what he was talking about and he told me the coils rarely go bad and that I probably have a valve issue. I removed the valve, disassembled it, cleaned it and reinstalled it. The valve looked fine, I didn't have any trouble taking it apart. I cleaned the other two while I was at it. Put it all back together, still wont angle left. So i scratched my head. I decided to reverse the wire harnesses on the angle left and angle right coils and BINGO, the plow angles left, but now it wont go right. I can reverse the plug harnesses all day and it angles left and right great, but only one way at a time. So I look at the cab control switch and notice there is a white and blue wire there too. So I reverse those wires on the control switch, and I get the same result. I can shift left or right, but I have to switch the wires so that the right direction on the switch is the one providing the power

So, as long winded as that was, I am now down to suspecting the problem might be in the control switch? What do you guys think? If it is the switch I am going to go ahead and upgrade to the touch pad or joystick.

At least I had a reason to take the plow apart and learn how this thing works. It's been fun.

Thanks in advance for your advice!!!:salute:

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

So when you reverse the wires, you push right and it goes left...(cause you switched the wires). But when you hit left, it doesnt go right. I would say yes, the switch or joystick, whatever you are using is bad.

3. BREW461

BREW461 Junior Member

Thanks alot. I'm going to take the switch apart tonight, we will see how it looks.

4. BREW461

BREW461 Junior Member

So, that was it. I took the switch apart, cleaned and reassembled it. It's still a little flaky, ut it works. Can you guys recommend a good place to pick up a joystick control?

5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass