1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis plow help!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mikerduguay, Dec 11, 2010.

1. mikerduguay

mikerduguay Junior Member
    from ottawa

I have A curtis 2000 sno-pro 8ft plow When warm the works fine, After left out side it doesnt want to angle left. I have replaced the oil thinking it could be water but the problem still arrives when its cold out. When i flick the switch to angle left the motor runs but the plow doesnt move. it works up and down and right but not left. Could this be a coil problem????

2. dukeboy01

dukeboy01 Junior Member

I'm having a bunch of problems with my 2000 at the moment too! I wish mine was as simple as yours! start by checking for power to the wire with the coil disconnnected while someone is holding the controller left. I believe it's the blue or yellow wire.....forget which is which. If you have a signal there....take the valve out and put the coils back on it and see if the valve moves when you activate it or if the screen is clogged. start there......