1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis on Ram?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snowmover, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Snowmover

Snowmover Junior Member
    from Mass

Hello! Im looking at getting a 98 Dodge Ram 1500. It has a small 7' poly Curtis plow. I plow driveways as a winter livelyhood, and it seems like a small setup. Anybody used one of these small polys? I know that the 1500 is light, but the truck is a peach and with proper ballast....? Any advice is much appreciated

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

You will have no problem with that little blade on the Ram.It has a solid front axle,so it should carry it just fine.Adding a set of Timbrens will help.

Adding a set of Pro wings might help productivity with the extra width,and no add too much to the weight.

3. Snowmover

Snowmover Junior Member
    from Mass

Thanks for replying do fast! The plow is Model 1SP7, Blade Width - 7', Mold Board gauge - 3/16" poly UHMV, Approximate Weight - 460 lbs. Seems really small.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

It is a little small,but it will work for doing driveways and such.If your going to get into bigger work,then a bigger blade,and maybe a bigger truck will be needed.

5. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

I run a 7.5 ld, weight about 550lbs.Blizzard on a 2001 ram1500 it handles the weight fine. The 7 foot will not cover the back wheels when in the angle position or doing round driveways. I would suggest a 7.5' if possible.

6. Snowmover

Snowmover Junior Member
    from Mass

Im am amazed...i scoured this site and could find very little info on that plow...I hope it is badder than it looks.

7. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

Which plow you talking about the blizzard or the Curtis.

8. Snowmover

Snowmover Junior Member
    from Mass

Its the Curtis 7' Poly. On a Dodge Ram 1500

9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

My bud has a 8ft Curtis on his late model Mopar
    2500 reg cab. He has no complaints.
    It came with the truck........
    He wants to swap it onto his new 2500 GM x-cab
    but they want like $700 bucks just for the push
    bar frame mount plus installation..........geo

10. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

This is what I would do, I would call the curtis outlett store on rt 140 in worc and see if they would take it in trade for a 7.5.