1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis on f-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rancherman84, Sep 4, 2009.

1. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

posted this in curtis forum also,but anyway,i have 02 F-150 short bed extended cab,just bought a new leftover 7.5 curtis sno-pro 3000 phase 2,you guys think i'll need to crank the torsion bars,or add timbrens?just plowin my driveway and couple relitives drives,then unhook the plow and drive the 20 miles to work.the main reason i picked the curtis was because of the ease of hookup from many angles.the specs on the plow says 750 pounds,the sticker on door post says 3600 fgvw.

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

That plow will work great on that one fiddy. You will probably want to both crank the bars and do the timbrens.

3. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

is there a disadvantage to cranking the torsion bars? besides making it ride a little rougher that is.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It changes the handling a little but no biggy.