1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis motor replacement

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 500ski, Nov 27, 2015.

1. 500ski

500ski Junior Member

How do I separate the electric motor from the pump housing? I think the motor is bad and I'd like to get it out to rebuilt or replace. Any help would be great.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Usually it's 2 bolts that hold it in place.
    Why do you think your motors bad?
    Any chance for a picture of the motor/pump

3. 500ski

500ski Junior Member

When I put the plow in the up position there is 12v at the motor but nothing happens. I also ran a set of jumper cables from the battery to the motor and nothing. I will try to post a couple pic.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If you hooked cables from the battery straight to the motor and nothing,,,,,then yes I'd be thinking motor to.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

To replace electric motor. Remove plow from truck. Support a-frame so its about level. Pry jack leg down, put a 2x4 or something to hold it away from a frame. you will see two 9/16 bolts at bottom of a frame. Remove them. Remove the 9/16 bolt at rear of a frame. Remove hose from the lift piston, then remove lift chain and lean lift frame rearward. Lift the motor assembly out of the a frame, then put a 2x4 under hydraulic part. Remove battery cables, then two bolts, remove the motor, do not loose the coupling. :nono:
    Reverse procedure to install.