1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis loader plow

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by eddy611622, Oct 12, 2007.

1. eddy611622

eddy611622 Junior Member
    from N.W. PA

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I have a John Deere 3320 loader tractor, and recently purchased a second hand 6 ft. Curtis loader plow. Previous owner had the plow on a New Holland. Does anyone have one of these plows on a John Deere? I would like to buy the adaptor so it would quick attach like my John Deere bucket. The problem is, there are no local Curtis dealers in my area. I looked up on the website and found what I believe to be the proper part. The description said "welding required". I was just wondering if I had to take the plow to a fabrication shop. Would I be further ahead to have them build the whole mount? Any input on this problem would be welcome.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Does it have a skid steer mount or is it different. I'm only familiar with larger JD's. You can buy most quick tack plates at your dealer that just need welded on. We have fabed our own before but now just buy them and weld them on. If you have a good welding shop I would just ask him first.

3. eddy611622

eddy611622 Junior Member
    from N.W. PA

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I don't believe this is the skid-steer quick attach. I think this is John Deere exclusive on their smaller tractors. The loader is a 300CX. When I was at the dealer, there was a kid in the parts department. He was having difficulty finding anything on Curtis plows. I'll try again next week, maybe there will be someone else in the parts department. I can only go on Saturdays, since it is not close.

Thanks,
    Brian

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Keep trying with your dealer. that would be the best way to go. Maybe call a Curtis representitive. I have one that my dealer installed on my JD 4310 and the only welding that I noticed was theyn welded a hook on the cross arm on the loader to attatch the safety chains on to. I'm pretty sure that was it as long as you already have a quick attatch system on your tractor loader. I love my plow. It was a great investment.

1.JPG

5. DeereFarmer

Another pic.......

2.JPG

6. DeereFarmer

Last one....

3.JPG

7. eddy611622

eddy611622 Junior Member
    from N.W. PA

First time out,

Thanks for the great pictures. My plow was for a New Holland tractor, so it doesn't have the towers with the hooks and pins to quick attach to a John Deere loader. I did manage to get to the dealer on Saturday. The man in the parts department sold me the hooks and pins like you would have on the back of your bucket. So now all I have to do is take the plow to the fabrication shop and have them make some towers out of channel then weld the hooks and pins in place. I think I'm going to take them my bucket so they can measure it for spacing and while they have it they can weld some hooks on the top for 5/16 chain.

Again thanks,
    Brian

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's a good idea to bring your bucket. We always use a bucket for measurement purposes, it's much easier. Good Luck.

9. DeereFarmer

Good for you! I hope it works out well for you. You will love the plow set up. We will need to see pics when it's all ready to go.

10. stuarth

stuarth Junior Member
    from Ohio

Curtis

If it's not to much to ask I was wondering if you purchased the extra valve from Curtis? And if so you would still have the curl on your control valve. So the question is how and where did they tie into the hydo system for the added valve. If you did not purchase the valve do your curl cylinders stay extended or do they move around? Thanks, Stu

11. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

So, i jsut did this on my TN (8' plow with wings, gotta transport it)

the blade just hooks up to the universal quick attach (sorry you bought a JD propriatary system, bummer) and then the side to side (left-right) runs off your remote in back.

it's not really what I expected (and a lot more expensive, you need a lot of hoses), but it works
    running off the hydralics, it's unworldly fast.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's just an electric over hydraulic valve and it works really well, that's what our loader have. You just press a button and hold it and that diverts the pressure from your roll and dump cylinders to your blade. Soon as you let go of the button you can use your bucket again. It's expensive but we really like it. We generally just leave the loader at one height and just roll the bucket back to lift the blade and lower it.