1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Lift Arm Collapse

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Stik208, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Hello, Hello,

Whats going on guys being that it is the end of the season and I am storing my plow outside like most other guys. So my question is this I love the Minute Mount 2 design with the spring loaded lift chain to fully collapse the lift triangle. Ok so, when I push my lift arm all the way down the headgear will fall back and will be almost imopssible for attatchment again. I tried to devise one myself a few months back, it would have worked but I couldn't find a spot to put it to collapse the arm. I also have tried to do this with the chain to have it all the way down but it ends up that the lift arm doesn't lift all the way up like I would like. So is there any way to have a similar set up added to my Curtis so I can have a full collapse while plowing for a better float mode and to protect the lift cylinder from the elements while it is off after plowing and the spring and summer season?

On another note, i think the hydraulic cover sucks because it doesn't allow the plow to lift as high as I would like and while its angled and I go around a curve with a dip or back up a driveway it scrapes the corner or the whole edge, any modifications for this also?

Jason

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Jason
    In the off season I pull the hydraulic cap off the tank and then you should be able to push the lift cylinder down all the way. If you unhook the chain on the Curtis the headgear will fall toward's you, not a good way to store your plow.

Good Luck Mike

3. Stik208

I know I can push the cylinder down but when I do that it falls back so it is at an angle and not straight up and down. So therefore I want to get a device like the MM2 with the cable and spring but I cant devise a correct system, to have the arm come all the way down like the triangle on the MM2.

Jason

4. Stik208

This is what I have been talking about....

off3.jpg

off1.jpg

off2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  5. Stik208

This is how I would like it to work like the MM2...

feat_mm2_top.jpg