1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis is closest plow dealer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joethevacman14, Feb 12, 2004.

1. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

There are no Sno-way dealers in washington, one fisher dealer 4 hrs from me, one curtis dealer 72.71 mi (not to bad) and one western dealer 152.59 Mi away. So I guess I could get a curtis plow but I know nothing about them. I would like a plow for very light plowing. Anyone out here who runs a Curtis plow and is having good luck with it?

OK, I would like the cheapest plow that I can find that I dont have to get out and angle the blade (I was at lowes the other day and walked by the Snowbear and laughted....)Suggestions anyone?

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Joey,I love my curtis plow but they are not cheap by any means. They are well built and easy to take on in off. Do a search for curtis snowplow on the web,they have a web site about there plows.

Mike

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

i have a curtis and love it. like flykelley said VERY easy on and off but they are not cheap you will probley spend at least $3500. The plow works great you can't kill the thing i plowed through over two feet of wet snow with no problem and theres only an F-150 behind it. Would recommend the curtis 7' poly if you want a smaller plow, what kind of truck do you have? if its a half ton you could also go with a 7'6".

4. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

I will be plowing with a '98 GMC ext. cab 1500 4x4. But yea, I was thinking last night, a good cheap plow would be perfect, no big fancy x-blade or anything. So almost like a step up from a cheap snowbear. :D

5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Find a used Meyer...Lots of them around parts are cheap and can be mail ordered. If you want new check out Central parts warehouse they carry several brands and can ship it straight to your place....Chuck

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

yes. it is a good idea to look for a used plow if you don't want to spend all that money! I know exactly what you mean as long as its power angle and has hydraulics, i can't blame you for laughing at those plows you see in the hardware stores:rolleyes: Those little plows have a purpose but most people want a steap up in they have a 4x4 pickup like you. Look around for a used setup you could maybe find a good one for under $1500