1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis HomePro

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by J29, Oct 30, 2007.

1. J29

J29 Senior Member

Hey everyone,
    I am just exploring all options for my snow removal needs this winter. I recently sold my 99 F350 with an 8' Fisher and bought an 06 Ranger. To make a long story short, I have zero interest in the Fisher Homesteader and would like to know if anyone has experience with the Curtis HomePro. I no longer need a heavy duty commerical plow and this would be strictly used for just a couple driveways. From what I have read in the Curtis forum, the majority of the Curtis owners seem to like their plows very much. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. J.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Mount Looks Like...
    [​IMG]

Working Looks Like...
    [​IMG]

3. J29

J29 Senior Member

Hey Jason, how do you like your Curtis? Did you have to make any mods to the truck suspension-wise or otherwise to install it? I appreciate the pics. Thank you. J.

4. 01FordPlower

01FordPlower Member
    from PA

Blizzard makes some great affordable plows for the Ford Ranger!:)

5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Timbrens up front, I like it but would have rather had a fisher ld series.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i dont those very light duty plows id go with a fisher ld but the curtis is great plow

7. J29

J29 Senior Member

I want to go with a Fisher LD, but I've been told its too much weight for the front end to carry. I have always been a Fisher guy and would prefer to stick with what I know. But, since the truck is still under warranty, I don't want to have to worry about that. That's why I was looking into the Curtis. Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. J.

8. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

curtis

it's a decent little plow but if you go and work it on a couple drive way's ( light commercial ? ) you might go through the poly cutting edges even though they are reversible you might want to make a steel edge for it . it's got a lot of neat features to the plow .but no steel edge or plow shoe's will still need timbrens if front gross axle weight capacity is not enough

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have seen the ld on dodge durangos

10. J29

J29 Senior Member

The Dakotas and Durangos have a higher front end capacity rating than the Ranger unfortunately. The only thing that the Ematch allows for the Ranger is the Homesteader. The local dealer quoted $4,100 installed for one on a F150 for my friend's mechanic and there is no way I can see spending that on the Homesteader. Curtis is my next choice. Everyone who has one seems to like them. Thanks for the input. J.

11. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I bought hiniker 700 for 3100 shipped
    its weights 448lbs with the shoes its about 468lbs
    my likes are a lightweight plow with heavyweight features 7' x 26" tall
    less $ then a snoway, heavier than a western or fisher homeowner plow.
    the Hyd system is full sized pump and cylinders.
    go look at the plows your considering I did that first.
    Snoway does have downpressure though

12. FLASHMAN

FLASHMAN Member

I have a Curtis, albeit the Sno-pro 3000, not the home pro... I have seen the home pro in action though, and if all you're doing is a couple of driveways, it will be more than adequate... You being in RI helps too, because you can go directly to the factory store in Worcester for your install... it's a great plow, you won't be disappointed.

13. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

homepro 3000 works well

I just use it for my driveway, about 800' gravel and it's been working out well on a Toyota Tacoma. With my small truck, I try to plow every 4" or so. The plow will do more than the truck wants to. The plow is narrow at 7' and I'm thinking of adding wings to be able to get more reach when I need to push the snow back. My driveway falls off on both sides so I can only get the truck over so far. You may not have this problem

14. estalzer

estalzer Junior Member

I have a home pro on my Jeep Cherokee and it works great! Been using it for 4 years now.

15. crazyeagle

crazyeagle Junior Member
    from NY

curtis plow

had it for literally a day and it is the best for a small truck to work with, willl recommend it to anyone with a small truck

16. ezpcconcepts

ezpcconcepts Junior Member

Hey estalzer, do you have a pictures of the one on your Jeep. Have been considering down sizing from my 89 Bronco with Meyers 8ft to my jeep but am not sure about what to put on it. I have read recently that the homepro does not do dragging very well... I have 2 driveways of my own and have about 10 neighbors that I do also so I am not sure if the homepro is the way to go or if I should goe with a Meyer's built for my Cherokee... any thoughts would be appreciated.. thanks :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007