1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Homepro or Blizzard LT

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Hedgehog, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I know I talked about a plow for over a year for my wifes 03 Tacoma but know its my 03 Tacoma. Its my hand me down commuter truck. With that said, I have narrowed my decision down to either the Curtis Sno pro poly plow or the Blizzard 720 LT. Before you Snoway guys chirp in, I can't justify over $4000 for a plastic plow, down pressure or not. I also am not a fan of the Homesteader. With that said, if anyone has had experience with either please inform me. I have a price for the Curtis of $3,600 cash and carry with the new handheld remote. It is a 7'6" blade which weighs approx. 460#'s. I also have a price for the Blizzard 720 LT of $3,100 cash and carry. It is a 7'2" steel blade which weighs approx. 370#'s. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Maine_Snowman

Maine_Snowman Junior Member

Curtis Home Pro

Hey Hedgehog-

I have the Curtis Homepro. It's a great plow, I would say the easiest plow to connect. The only issue I have found is that it's not heavy so it floats up when trying to make banks. All around a great plow, I would recommend it. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

3. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

I also have a Curtis Home Pro 7' poly on a Tacoma ext cab 03. Works very well for personal use. Is a bit light, you may not scrape everything off everytime, but does a pretty good job. Going a little wider won't hurt either. Mine is probably 5 or 6 years old. All I've done is replace the edge. Got pretty good tech support from the factory re a few questions when I was figuring it out and installing the mount when I first got it.

4. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Another Curtis Homepro here... on a rusty old Explorer. So far so good but i've only plowed once with it. I like it.

5. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I bought the Curtis and installed it myself. Now I want some snow so I can try it out!

6. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Great, congrats!
    Hope it works out well for ya.