1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Hitch - N - Run System, Poly Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pathmaker, Nov 10, 2001.

1. pathmaker

pathmaker Junior Member

HITCH-N-RUN IS GREAT 10 SECONDS ON AND 10 SECONDS TO REMOVE
    NO MORE FREEZING HANDS OR PARTS LESS WERA AND TEAR ON MY TRUCK BEING IT'S ONLY 350 LBS INSTEAD OF 750 LBS

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Good to hear you're happy with the Hitch-N-Run, but please, no need to shout: Posting in all-caps is the keyboard equivalent of YELLING at everyone! :eek:

3. pathmaker

pathmaker Junior Member

Not trying to shout!!!!! Just making sure im heard
    But good luck in your english teaching class .
    pathmaker !!

4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

NICE WELCOME, MODERATOR!

Geez, it was the guys' 1st post, nice job building site membership and encouraging value-added posts!

Pathmaker: Welcome to the site!
    Just curious, what is 350 lb. on a Curtis? Those plows are beefy, certainly they weigh more than that?

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I don't see any problem in how 75 told the new member about the caps. Maybe it is not in the guidelines on this site (should be) I know that other sites list it as something to avoid. Either way he is a mderator and also a member. I would have told him the same thing if I had seen the post before 75.

We have a lot of members here and it is important that we follow guidelined to keep the site enjoyable. I don't think 75 meant any offense. He was just giving advice. That is what the site is for.

6. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a Curtis, and nothing on it weighs 350 lbs. unless it's the truck driver.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Curtis, but specs on it are :

7 1/2 Poly - 695 lbs
    7 1/2 - 750 Lbs
    8' - 765 lbs
    9' - 795 lbs.

Welcome to the site

Last edited: Nov 12, 2001
  7. pathmaker

pathmaker Junior Member

the new 7' poly plow the snow pro 3000 series

if you go to www. curtisplow.com
    you will plainly see that the new 7' poly plow only weigh's 350 lbs. i have the manual in front of me. recheck your spec's and get back to me
    have a nice day
    pathmaker.
    IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE WAVES BUT CAPS GET EVERYONES ATTENTION
    IT GOT YOURS !!!
    PEACE

8. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

www.curtisplow.com , Truck Snow Plows, View Blade Specifications Here:

Model 1SP7, Blade Width - 7', Mold Board gauge - 3/16" poly UHMV, Approximate Weight - 460 lbs.

A little more than 350 lbs, but still a nice lightweight unit. Weight-wise, it's similar to the Sno-Way Lexan units, but has a taller moldboard (24" vs 18" on the Sno-Way) Just wondering, what make/model truck are you running it on?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2001
  9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Pathmaker this is not the way to make friends around here. Keep mouthing or keyboarding off, and you will get no ones attention.
    Dino

10. pathmaker

pathmaker Junior Member

make - model

hey rob

Im pushing the plow with a 1997 F-150 4x4 exteded cab with a 4.6 ltr
    good on gas and being i have no up front leaf springs the poly plow really takes it easy on my truck and thats plenty of power
    i own a video store and im putting flyers in my customers movies so they have no choice but to take them home
    so mainly im just doing driveways

11. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, keeping the weight of the plow down is a good idea - especially with the TTB Fords.

Did you go with the 7' blade to help keep the weight down, or to make it a bit easier manouvering in & around driveways?