1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis help

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by amsamu, Oct 17, 2012.

1. amsamu

amsamu Junior Member

Ok i've had enough with this curtis sno-pro 3000...can someone tell me how does the selonids work on this plow? I've worked on meyers and western my whole life and this curtis is new to me.. heres what i can't figure out How the hell does this pump tell the valves to open and close? i dont get it should they spin on the shafts or vibrate? Should they be put on a certain way? I've been up and down this plow wiring fine,when i disconnected the head unit from the pump and hit up left and right oil shot out of tank from bottom hole so im figuring we have pressure? took tank off all clean inside so put that back together checked all grounds there good added even more just in case....took both plugs out of head and cleaned both springs and ball bearings which were fine to begin with...the other question i have is all thoses other allen key plugs on the head unit do they come out? i tried three different ones and they don't move....so again any help would be great thanks again ...

2. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

It sounds like the selinods on the valve cartridges are bad have you checked them?

Also did u mess with the valve cartridges at all? If you tighten them too much you can damage them

3. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

Also is the motor turning on?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No, like any other parker valve of this type, they just magnetize to move the plunger. Just like Western/Fisher/Meyer/Boss/Snoway/etc.

5. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

When using the controller when lifting it powers the brown wire for the solenoid under the hood and powers the red wire on the coil on the plow.The same for angles powers blue left and white right. Any questions give me a call at 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

6. amsamu

amsamu Junior Member

Motor does run everything has juice and still nothing..don't think all 5 r bad...

7. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

the only thing all the coils use the same is the orange wire for ground if they all stopped it would be the ground.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Remove a coil and valve from the manifold. power up the coil and see if it produces magnetism if yes assemble the valve and coil on the bench and use 12 volts to power up the coil. see if the valve plunger moves freely. If the unit was left sitting with contaminated fluid it is possible that, yes, both those valves could be frozen. I've seen it many times with many manufacturers. maintainance is key.

9. amsamu

amsamu Junior Member

Washer that answer my question will check that out tomorrow and get back to you...thanks for everyone's help so far..

10. amsamu

amsamu Junior Member

Basher not washer

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Let us knowThumbs Up

12. amsamu

amsamu Junior Member

ok so far all mod and valves are working just got done checking them...took pump off cleaned and put back together ..the last thing im gonna do is take lines of head unit and clean inside is there any springs or bearing behind any of the lines by chance? And is it ok to spray brake cleaner in the head unit....also thanks again basher for the help ...

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Can you mount the plow to the truck? You could just have bound angle rams.

if so and you haven't already tried this, assemble the unit, mount it and take it out to a tree.
    Place the left side of the plow blade against the tree and give it a little power while angling left.
    Don't be abusive, often just idling into it will do it but sometimes it need a little gas

Warning, the part of the packing that attached itself to the bore is still there and if the blade wasn't at full angle will eat at the packings during use, those rams are good candidates for a rebuild.

14. amsamu

amsamu Junior Member

once i get it back together ill try that..

15. amsamu

amsamu Junior Member

Wanna thank everyone for there help got this plow finally up and running today ...You all were a great help with it...

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So what was it??????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

17. amsamu

amsamu Junior Member

found a jammed ball bearing in the pump and also were all orange grounds wires meet was rusted out...new wires and 2 cans of brake fluid running like new