1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis harness bypass

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hosenfeffer, Dec 1, 2009.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

I have a pin broken on my snopro 3000 harness connection and the curtis website shows the schematic for the angled plug only.The wiring color seems to have changed by just the description,too i just want to by pass that pin but don't know which color wire it is. My setup is separate connection for main power and ground with a total of 12 pins /now 11/ on the large non angled connector. thanks for any info!!!!
    if it helps the other lights work, running, turn but the headlights do not come on when switching toggle and the hibeam indicator comes on when switching to plow lights but with no headlights at all.

2. hosenfeffer

from nh

curtis harness

Have no manuals etc and bought truck and plow without any contact with previous owner. Truck is a 99 but plow does not appear to be that old from appearances. serial number on plow is 520349 cannot find any other info on frame etc. thanks marty

3. K&Z autorepair

K&Z autorepair Junior Member

hey what postion is the pin i have a manuel her and it give the color of the wires

4. hosenfeffer

from nh

pin position

rectangular connector plow side with the two positioning slots up and the single down it is the lower section center top.
    two guides
    o o o
    o o o

o x o
    o o o
    x marks the spot! single guide

excuse the graphics it is about the extent of my computer skills

5. K&Z autorepair

The pin you are refering to is the white/red wire that runs to the headlamp connectors.
    It is the ground wire.
    Be careful opening the harness, there is also just a white wire, so be careful which one you cut.

6. hosenfeffer

from nh

thank you very much i assume the wire is the same color on the other truck side of the wire?

7. K&Z autorepair

That would be a good assumption, but let me double check.

8. K&Z autorepair

Your assumption is correct.
    Good luck

Jim