1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Forum?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by SnowPro93, Nov 20, 2006.

1. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

when are we gunna get a curtis forum up on the site?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yeah we been trying for long time

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

we have discussed this before on here and we have been in contact with Curtis regarding sponsorship at PlowSite...I agree, they would be a nice fit here and we will let them know that they are definitely a company that the members here would like to see.

We'll see what we can do about the possibilty of them having a forum here.

4. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Could be to the lack of Curtis' marketing team.

I have been driving by there building once a week for years and never knew they were there.

Chris

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

so they need to be a sponser for there to be a forum for them???? thats pretty lame

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

all of the companies that currently have a forum on the site are sponsors

7. THEGOLDPRO

i see that, but just because curtis isn't a sponser doesn't mean we shouldent have a curtis discussion section, i dont think it should be required to be a sponser in order to have a section.

i mean this is a plowing sight, and curtis is a plow that numerious members have, its not our fault that curtis doesn't care/want to sponser this sight, im sure this is the last thing on their mind.

i can understand not wanting to put a big curtis banner in your header with all the others while they are not a sponser, but i see no real reason not to just add a curtis discussion section.

8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Gold,
    Unfortunately business is business sometimes. True a section for Curtis would be nice but..... These groups could be a large profit engine for companies like Curtis. I only came in here as I was looking for info on another Fisher plow. After reading in here, I ended up going with a Blizzard. If Curtis cannot see the $$$$.....then too bad for them.

Even if you consider the amount of technical support that each company sponsor gets in here from your peers, it surely outweighs the cost of the company giving the support directly.

Then on the other hand. Would it be fair to the companies that stepped up to the plate to provide a community for discussion of their plows?

Frankly I would never buy a plow that was not a sponsor here. Shows a lot of commitment on their part. Best support around for a plow manufacture are forums like this.

And on the last hand, some companies are old fashioned and do not like free exchange. Not sure if this is the case here.

Chris

9. THEGOLDPRO

basing your purchass of a plow on weather or not they are a sponser on a small time plowing forum is ridiculuos. that should hold no water to your decision. but whatever

i understand business is business, but is this not a forum for the members???? or is it all about making money, and gaining new sponsers??? its the members who make up the forum not the sponsers, and if the members want a curtis forum they should have one sponser or not!!!!!

10. THEGOLDPRO

i guess so

11. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

forums need sponsers to run, to pay for bandwith, use in search engines, its like a big revolving circle, i wonder what sponsorship would cost, or what you would need to put forward to get you own section.

12. THEGOLDPRO

yeah anyways like i said i know all about what it takes to run a forum and i still see no reason why just because curtis does not want to donate money here, for everyone who has a curtis to suffer,

A forum should not be run like a business it should be run like a home, because to some it is there home, they spend alot of time on here, and research alot, its too bad that the curtis guys cant call this there home because were robbed of a forum to discuss, and ask help from other curtis members.

13. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

The second you allow a Curtis forum to form without making them pay sponsorship, you're going to have 21 sponsors demanding the same thing, then what? Give an inch, give a mile.

Why don't you start a website specifically for Curtis snowplow discussions? Or, pay to be a sponsor and use this site?

I don't know what the answer is, but it's pointless to debate. The rules are the rules!!

14. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you know what tell me the procedure and i will call them im sure they would sponors us