1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Fast Cast 550. Gas or Electric??

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by mg1826, Feb 20, 2013.

1. mg1826

mg1826 Member

I'm looking at buying a used Curtis Fast Cast 550 aluminum spreader. There are two spreaders near me on CL that are in great condition. One is a gas and the other is electric. Both are pretty close in price, right around $1K.
    Are there any major pros/cons for this spreader in gas or electric? I only saw one thread where someone said the gas engine fell apart and caused corrosion allegedly due to the vibration of the engine.
    I have a few small lots and driveways for sanding and salting and don't need a larger spreader. I looked at some tailgate spreaders but I have an F250 CC and it would make the truck too long and difficult in small areas. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013