1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChipsEarthWorks, Jan 22, 2004.

1. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Has any one ever used or has any Equipment made by Curtis,plows,sanders e.t.c if so how do they hold up. Iam doing some research for a friend so any and all info would be helpful

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have a Curtis Pro 3000 and love it.It was already on the truck when I bought it. Great Plow,goes on and off in about a minute,real easy and irs a heavy one will stand up to a good work out.
    I do not think it is as cheap to buy as the major players,you can go to Curtis.com for more info.

Regards mike

3. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

SW CT, you and your friend aren't all that far from Curtiss mfg plant. Perhaps the both of you could take a ride on I 84 east to Mass pike, east to I 290, and go right to their plant. We have a tractor friend who is setting up a Curtiss tour now, so I know they do it. There are afew Curtiss plows in my meighborhood, all on Dodge diesles, but I haven; heard how they perform, if they are liked or disliked

4. Huften Lawn

Huften Lawn Junior Member
    from CT

I have a new 8' 3000 series on a Dodge 2500 diesel. Awesome plow. Very easy on and off. Heavy duty, fast hydraulics, aggressive attack angle.

5. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I have the Sno Pro 3000 also. Quick on and off is correct. You can hardly see the plow bracket when the plow is not on the truck. I'm happy.

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

i have one on my f150 great plow on and off in about 45 seconds plows great no problems yet, plow mount hardley visable the onlt thing you can see is a small bar just under the front bumber you would have to look really hard to tell that it was a plow mount. In my opinion the best on/off system around:D

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i saw the video for curtis they have a really nice set up i might consider it for another truck made very strong

8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My Dad has a curtis on his 2001 F350 Powerstoke. He says it works great, easy to put on and take off. He lives in Colorado but I used it once when he first got. I liked quite a bit but not as much as my Boss.:nod: :waving:

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we've got two nine footers at work, and both are holding up great. like said before, they hook up really easy, and are a well built plow. they are really starting to catch on in this area. i see just about the same amount of curtis's on trucks now as fishers and westerns. ive looked at their spreaders a few times, and seem to be well built as well.

10. cja1987

i am getting an 03 dakota soon with a 7' curtis poly my brother will use it and also going to let my neighbor who owns a landscaping company use it for residentials.

11. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I do have one minor problem with my Curtis. The hydraulic support which holds the plow up when off the truck will retract after a few days. The dealer said there is nothing they can do about it and it's normal. It's not a big deal to me, I just put a support under it until I go to hook up again, then when I'm plugged in I lift it to where I need it. Anybody else have this?

12. mdb landscaping

your dealer is full of it, that is not normal. you think they would design a jack stand that compresses over time? tell him to fix it. both of our curtis's sit on their jackstands all summer and dont come down one bit. i would tell him thats an unacceptable answer, and tell him to call the factory to get support on what may be wrong.

13. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

We just installed a Curtis Sno Pro 3000 on one of our Suburbans this year and I plowed with it for 13+ hours today and lemme say that thing has balls, it's a well built plow. It's a very simplke plow and does a great job in heavy snow and stacking. Hit a couple curbs today and it didn't budge at all, kept goin.

14. cja1987

people finally talking about curtis thats what i like to see:D I Put another hydrolic jack on wheels to support the plow never had a problem with it but it takes some stress of the jack stand and keeps the ploe perfectly alligned for re attachment. I plowed through 25" of heavy wet snow in december and it went through it like nothing. So much for everyone telling me "that F-150 will never handel that plow" or "you'd better stay ahead of the storm and don't plow more than six inxhes with it" great plows would recommend to anyone. Jack arm seems a little too weak thats why i use an extra floor jack stand should hold up with out it though:nod:

15. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

You Guys are the best My friend read you replies and he is going to try to get a tour of the factory since it is only a hour drive away, (maybe two if you are legal:p ) I am going to tag along to check them out maybe my next plow will be a curtis talk to you all later:drinkup:

16. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

After making my comment about the dropping jack stand, I'd thought I'd try Curtis again. I got a reply that they now have a new hydraulic valve for the jack leg and it will be replaced under warranty.

17. mdb landscaping

glad to hear they are gonna fix it.....

18. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there newer models will have this fixed already ? is there a service buillten

19. CANFIELDNH

CANFIELDNH Junior Member

:yow!: TO ANY ONE LOOKING AT A CURTIS PLOW. MY DEALERSHIP TOOK THIS LINE ON THIS YEAR AND THE FEEDBACK HAS BEEN AWESOME. THE PLOW HAS A TON HYD POWER. THE OTHER NICE FEATURE IS THAT YOU CAN USE A JOYSTICK CONTROL ON THIS PLOW WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO LIFT AND ANGLE THE PLOW AT THE SAME TIME. DEALERS WHO DON'T CARRY CURTIS SHOUD BE NERVOUS.

20. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

No service bulletin but they gave me a part number:
    "The valve is a TBM2A and the cost and installation would be covered by warranty."