1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis "Emergency Parts Kit"

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by zztarg, Dec 28, 2008.

1. zztarg

zztarg Member

I'm a new 8 1/2' Curtis owner - so far, so good. I'm pretty happy with my first results and am having good luck attaching/removing. So far, it works as advertised.

I'm trying to find out what's in the "Emergency Parts Kit" they sell. I'd guess a trip spring, spring bolts and maybe a solenoid and coil, but I don't see it listed anywhere.

Is it good to buy theirs, of am I better off collecting my own emergency parts kit? Either way, does anyone have some specific recommendations (other than coffee, a toolkit, a shovel and a BFH)?:)
  2. stans1949

stans1949 Junior Member
    from MN

just make your own it comes with paper tower, window cleaner, and a help sign
  3. zztarg

zztarg Member

I see what you mean - why buy a "help" sign - 25MM aerial parachute flares are much more fun on a cold, dark, winter night.
  4. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

you drive a chevy with a curtis WTF do you need a help sighn or flair for? to give 'em to ford fisher owners lol ;)
  5. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

lol good one
  6. zztarg

zztarg Member

Or maybe to the guy with a sheet of plywood tied to his Tundra.
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a kit hose solienoid every cotter pin bolts i prob sell it when i sell my plow