1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis drain plug

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tawilson, Jan 23, 2005.

1. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

My eyes ain't what they used to be for up close stuff. The 3000 Phase 2 either is a torx #40 or an allen, 3/32 unless it's metric. I don't want to crank on it for fear of stripping something. I can't find anything in the owners manual and did a search on the Curtis site and here. I was surprised it wasn't something I could put a wrench on. Probably could be replaced with one. Anyone know what it is? Thanks.
    By the way, we didn't get much snow up here last night. Just enough drifts to warrant some cleanup. We never do anymore.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

good i wanna hear this im think about getting a 7.5 curtis

3. cbelawn

cbelawn Member

Curtis

Looks like a 1/4 allen. I had the plow up where i could see it today so i just went and looked. I went in a ditch this morning and BENT the Aframe on th e plow. :eek: .....Going to the dealer tomorrow to see what this is going to cost

4. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Thanks for the replies and too bad about hitting the ditch. I'll bet your right about the plug. It made me realize the allen wrench set I was using skipped over 1/4" and the one I could get in was a little sloppy and helped lead to my confusion. Still think it should be something to put a wrench on.

5. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Don't know if anybody gives a hoot, but I did the oil change today. The drain plug on my plow uses an allen with a #40 torx inside it, so either will work. It's not 1/4" allen tho, must be metric. I also did a little trick to avoid getting air in the system. Just angle the plow one way, disconnect the hoses, drain the oil, refill, then put the hose back on the cylinder which is retracted, then angle the other way, then refill.
    I got my prowings and will be putting them on tomorrow. I put the deflector on today and it made a difference in the snow blowing over the top of the plow. Guess I'll have to take a picture and update my avatar!