1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis constant power to stay up?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dukeboy01, Dec 11, 2010.

1. dukeboy01

dukeboy01 Junior Member

I'm new to curtis plows.....I had inherited an old 2000 series on a truck I bought. I've been having problems trying to make it run right. One thing I need to figure out is if these plows are supposed to drop without power applied. Someone told me that they think if you kill the truck, the plow will drop.....which is what mine is doing. but rather than trying to fix something that isnt broken I figure I would ask! Mine will go left and right and up but only if I put the controller in float and angle to the left. Left in float the plow will stay up but as soon as I return it to neutral the plow will drop. I found and fixed a bunch of crappy wires and tested everything else and have a brand new controller. I have the manual from curtis and have been over and over everything so many times it makes me sick. I'm a fairly decent mechanic and this is just embarassing at this point. Yesterday I disconnected the lift coil and the plow still would lift in the float-left position. This tells me fluid must be diverting where its not supposed to. However I've pulled all the valves and they are operatign properly and were so clean you could eat off them.....what is the deal here gentlemen?! Thanks!