1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Chat @ the factory

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by PLOWMAN45, Nov 15, 2008.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I was asking some questions and the guy told me you should flush your pump out 2 times a year once in the begining and once when its done then add auto trans fluid dexcron type keeps the pump clean cause the tranny fluid has cleaning detergents so when my season is over im gonna try that not the fact that curtis oil 7.00 a quart now

2. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Did he happen to mention an easier way to do that? I got the plow in 2000 and there isn't any drain plug, so getting the fluid out of tank is a PITA. Can I just pull off one of the angle hoses and "pump" it out, and if so, then how do I get to the screen?

Thanks

3. PLOWMAN45

i didnt ask them about maybe call the factory i have a snow pro 3000

4. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Sorry for the confusion, I have a 3000 as well, but it was purchased in 2000. Perhaps there is a design difference between then and now.

5. PLOWMAN45

i talked to them today he said if you have no drain plug disconnect the angle hose and just move left and right my drain plug underneath mine is an allen key i didnt even know it was there

6. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Great, Thanks

7. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

plowman how'd you talk to at curtis? my buddy pat works there.

8. PLOWMAN45

he was in Technical dept

9. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Twice a year is just wasteful ... pure waste in a time of conservation and doesn't even make any sense.
    If you change it at the end of the plow season each year then it is fresh at the beginning of each season ... right? Twice a year the way he has recommended is totally ridiculous if you think about it ... no? :cool:

10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Ideally you should change the fluids before and after the season in any machine you use seasonally

Wasteful or ridiculuos? IDK

Do i change mine twice a year? No

BTW What does conservation have to do with changing a few quarts of oil in a snowplow?