1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis - Cant find Drain Plug

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PremierLand, Nov 9, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

hey guys, I tried to find the drain plug so I could drain the hydro fluid, I couldnt find it. Underneath the plow are 2 bolts, so I unscrewed both and nothing, so I figured okay, maybe they are in 4 of the holes in the corner, so I jacked up the plow and looked under inside the holes with the spotlight and no drain.

How do I drain this? I painted it, flipped the cutting edge, and greased everything, and now all I need to do is flush and fill the hydro fluid. So guys, where is it?

thanks fellas!

2. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

3. PremierLand

from detroit

I guess I'm half retarted because I cant find it. It is sopossed to be underneath the bottom plate, right?

4. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

My plug sticks out the bottom of the plate on the drivers side, towards the truck. And no, you're not half retarted, you're half ********. Just kidding. If you haven't already, pull the cover off and see where the reservoir is, you should be able to track it down from there. It actully sticks out of the bottom plate, and it doesn't look like a plug which you would put a wrench on, it's round and you have to use an allen wrench or a torx driver

5. PremierLand

from detroit

still, I dont see ANYTHING execpt 2 bolts that I took out and theres nothing in their either...

Heres the underside of what im looking at, this is the right spot, correct?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Mark
    If you can't find it call Curtis tech support, number should be in owners manual.

Regards Mike

7. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

My plug sticks down thru the bottom plate. I'm sure you checked up in that hole I see. Have you pulled the cover off yet?

8. PremierLand

from detroit

Yes I took the cover off....

and in the hole is nothing. It is more of a drain so trapped water and such can escape.

I will call tommorrow and ask them where it is, and ***** them out for the wiring adapter plug.