1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis 3000 wont go down

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by habitacker, Jan 11, 2011.

1. habitacker

habitacker Junior Member
    from iowa

It will go down about 1/2 way then stop. Doesn't necessarily stop in the same place everytime. I can crack the line to get it to go down. This started doing this gradually. Now won't go down all the way at all. Dealer thought ice in fluid. I changed it and have had in heated garage. Still sticks.

Also, jack doesn't work unless this happens to be working properly. Jack will not work unless by chance the blade goes down on its own. If I crack line just to get blade to go down, jack will not work so I can unhook from truck.
    Thanks.

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Check the green wire that is for float and powering the jack switch it will have power all the time when in float.

3. habitacker

habitacker Junior Member
    from iowa

Earlier today I cleaned valves, but did not help. I had it in float and bumped the wiring loom and it went down. Started searching and green wire was cut.

Even though I found it before I saw your post, have some satisfaction in knowing you were right. Thanks.

4. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

When I first got my plow, used, it would not go down either. After messing with everything else, I finally loosened the packing nut on the hydraulic cylinder and it started working. It was way too tight. You might check that.