1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis 3000 install next week

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by tcw67, Dec 21, 2007.

1. tcw67

tcw67 Junior Member
    from boston

I hope I did the right thing. Should I go with the full trip or trip edge? I have a gravel drive. Joystick or touchpad?
  2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

id would have sold you mine at a good price
  3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

full trip
  4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

trip edge, touch pad with out a doubht!
  5. LoneCowboy

that's funny
    complete opposite positions
    I guess you need to decide what you like best, esp with regards to touchpads/joystick.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the touchpad is nice
  7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Go with the Trip Edge, pump is located up in the lift frame, much easier to service than down in the a-frame.

Check out there new hand held controller, looked sweet, more of a thumb control, very ergo, if you know what I mean.

If you get the willies and change your mind , I've got a real nice 8' Diamond Trip Edge with the MD II system and Dodge mounts, Saber Lights,modules , harnesses, E60 pump, touch pad controller, and mini jack. It just got blasted and repainted , all new decals and labels. $2600 complete +$350 for install
    Good luck

508 753 6617
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  8. tcw67

tcw67 Junior Member
    from boston

Thanks for the suggestions. I will keep reading and learning so if anyone else has opinions let them fly. Thanks for the offers on the plows forsale also.
  9. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

I have the touch pad. Seems like I always have to look at it when plowing to make sure I'm going to use the right function. I like the joystick better.
  10. LoneCowboy

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd say trip edge and joystick. I have the full trip on my tractor and it dig into the gravel on my driveway when it trips. The trip edge I had on my Fisher didn't seem to dig in as much when it tripped.

FLASHMAN Member

I have the 7-1/2' 3000, full trip with the handheld controller and I love it. The handheld controller is a lot more money, but it was worth it to me because I like to be able to move my plow and shifter at the same time, while maintaining one hand on the wheel. The regular joystick and/or touchpad don't really allow you to do that, but that's all a matter of personal preference.

For me it was worth it... enjoy your plow, I love mine...

Also, as far as full, or trip edge, I think you'll find that's also largely a matter of personal preference. With either one, you'll know it when it trips, and IMO, without shoes, on gravel or dirt, wither one will dig in pretty good...
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  13. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

One thing I like about the touchpad is I can roll the window down and dangle the cord over the steering column to move the plow without having to get in and out of the truck. Like today.