1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Current Salt Pricing Northern Indiana?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kpmsnow, Oct 31, 2009.

1. kpmsnow

kpmsnow Senior Member
    from Elkhart

Since the preseason salt sales are gone what type of pricing are you fellow northern Indiana guys seeing for 50lb bags of basic rock salt? This would be for skid pricing and/or truck load pricing. :salute:

2. kpmsnow

kpmsnow Senior Member
    from Elkhart

Really? Ok how about I open this thread up to anybody. What type of in season pricing is being seen out there for 50lb bags of rock salt?

3. Big Snow Balls

Big Snow Balls Member

Niemeyer's Crown Piont In. 219-663-1042 ask for Nate

5o lb bag rock salt $4.25 picked up call for Truck load pricing

4. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

about $200 a pallet

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  5. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

$4.14 a bag with a full semi load deliverd from CCM marketing in Illinois delivered to Lake County. I used them because they let me do a mixed truck with some pallets of Ice melt too.

Found it for 3.99 a bag from Russo equipment in Illinois, that price was delivered by the semi load. Didnt go with them because i couldnt get mixed truck of salt and ice melt for a good price.

Also check out Icemeltmall.com, their pricing is comparable.

PM me it you would like any contacts from these companies, I dont want to post cont info since they arent sponsors.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  6. michigan salt

michigan salt Member

Bagged salt

We are $3.95/bag plus delivery coming from Detroit area for 50# bagged rock salt. Let me know if I can help. Email us at michigansalt@yahoo.com

Andy L.
    Michigan Salt Products, LLC
    888-340-7258
    www.michigansalt.com
    ussmileyflag

7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I just paid $6.99 a bag (50lb rock salt) for a pallet of it. I had to pick it too.

That's the price of living in the stix. People say the cost of living is cheaper than in the city. I beg to differ.

8. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Ok we got cost. NOW shipping cost. Not going out of state to pick up Ice Control.

9. michigan salt

michigan salt Member

Salt Shipping

Once I have an address I can get you the cost of a flatbed delivery. Usually 18 pallets to make it cost effective.

The salt is a medium rocksalt that we have bagged. We purchase it from Detroit Salt. It is really dry and guys have really liked the product. We also get Ice Patrol as well and thats been great too. Both are good products and are very dry, stored indoors.

Thank you. Email me with any more questions. michigansalt@yahoo.com.

Andy L.

10. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

If anyone needs some in NWI give me a call or email. I'm going to have some extra pallets

11. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member