1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curious Question

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Lil STX Ford, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

Left power switch on, on joystick, and lever on float position, was well past -22c overnight -8f, this morning battery was dead...
    So guess leaving switch powered and in float drains battery? would this be correct assumption...

Best to learn now before it it's even colder lol

so glad i got a battery pack to boost with
  2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Mine isn't set up that way.
    Mine doesn't do anything if the key isn't on (won't even drop the plow)

i think yours is wired poorly.
  3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Not sure about the float part but I leave mine on all the time. When I turn the key off it doesnt work so I am not sure that is it unless yours works with out your key on. You may have something else going on or left a light on? Then again what do I know...Ha ha,

4. Lil STX Ford

in fuse box everything stays live with or without key, so guess gonna tap into something... but could of been something left on inside too. kids and toys grrr...
  5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

The power to the joystick should go to power that is only on when the ignition is on. I've left mine plugged in and on also, no draining battery.
  6. Lil STX Ford

checked with tester key off and all open sockets are kept live grrrr in fuse box.. go figure.. maybe i'll tap it to radio or something when weather is warmer.
  7. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

Should be hooked up to a switched power source, but if you can't find one just make sure you turn the switch off