1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curious if anyone else had much damage???????

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nicksplowing, Mar 19, 2010.

1. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

so we had a record winter here and although im proud we handle it we bent 2 a-frames on the MEYER plows and i myself backed my spreader into a light standard:cry:lets see some pictures of whatever you or your guys broke,bent or mangled :mechanic:

spreader fail.jpg

spreader fail 1.jpg

spreader fail 2.jpg

spreader fail 3.jpg

spreader fail 4.jpg

2. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Ouch!! I dont have pics, but we may have ripped up an underground sprinkler. Just have to wait for the snow to melt to check the sprinklers. Has anybody else damaged an underground sprinkler?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'd fire the guy who was driving that salt truck!

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Damn you beat me to it. Hard to find good help. ;) Hard to break anything when we only plowed 2.5 times.:mad:

5. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Don't have pics of most of the stuff.

Last push of the night, and the truck died when I went to lift the blade out of the snow. I have an under hood pump. When I went to start it back up the starter was dead. Towed it 4 blocks to the dealer and had a new starter installed. She's never started so fast in her life.
    [​IMG]

Then I dropped the front wheel off the edge of some pavement. I hooked up with a strap and tugged it back and when I went to move the hub disconnected from the spindle. Previous owner did a brake job and they didn't put it back together properly...
    [​IMG]
    That was the storm that I bought my ATV to use while the truck was in the shop.

Also have to either realign or replace the hinges on my drivers door since they were bent when I dragged a guy on the door.
    [​IMG]

Had the tailgate cables rust through and snap the other day also, along with the drivers handle on the inside of the door snap off.

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

what do u live in jersey?

7. loudredram

loudredram Member

Dont have any pics but one driver slid into the same tree on tree different storms,and backed in to a car. The owner backed into a car ,and I backed into a car not even plowing trying to park and backed into a light pole with our JD 310 after 38 hours of plowing and moving snow

8. Heimy

Heimy Junior Member

:QUOTE=nicksplowing;1029988]so we had a record winter here and although im proud we handle it we bent 2 a-frames on the MEYER plows and i myself backed my spreader into a light standard:cry:lets see some pictures of whatever you or your guys broke,bent or mangled :mechanic:[/QUOTE]

What were doing 40 in reverse? that hurts:dizzy:

9. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

I want to hear the story about the door...

10. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Nope didn't hurt a thing this year thank God.

11. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Yea, there's a bolt missing and I think they are just knocked out of alignment. Unfortunately I needed to plow with the truck that night so I was forced to bend the sheet metal on the outside of the door so I could get in and out.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  12. liv

liv Junior Member

Broke the lights off my plow

[​IMG]

Other than than that just same old same old

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

For as big of a winter as you guys had, and if your running all of the trucks in your sig each snow?....Seems 2 me thats pretty damn good. Congrats.

Luckily we didn't break anything.....but we did bend & scratch a few things.:blush2: sorry no pics

14. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

A few weeks ago I noticed I put 2 nice little dime sized dents in the moldboard of my meyer, Not sure what did it but like you said we just had alot of snow I think it was curbs.

15. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

How'd you do that?

16. liv

liv Junior Member

The new Boss lights don't have bushings underneath like the old style lights did. Flaw in my opinion, I have allready cracked the new ones they put on too.

Anyways hit a pothole the blade flopped down and when it came back up they snapped right off. Hell of a light show in the middle of the night. Sparks must have went 12' in the air.

17. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

a new trans on the HD
    oil cooler lines on the c3500 dump
    snapped studs off the c3500 dump, wheel fell off
    blown o ring on the blizzard pump
    busted rad hose on the rc100
    take rebuilt trans back b/c of broken converter bolt
    new garage door for client, not badly damaged but the door is discontinued and i have to replace the entire thing now

18. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I had a driver smack a house on the last storm,almost $5,000 in damages to the truck. It was a brick house so the only thing that happened was the downspout was crushed. We fixed that with one that was laying around my employees shop.

19. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

We did the headlight thing too. :laughing:

As well as a broken A frame (x2), cracked moldboard, broken springs, blown hydro lines, lost pins, bent up pro wings, broken wing on a boss v plow, a tranny that pukes now whan it gets hot, a tranny shifter cable, blown up motor on the western salter, some sod, some parking blocks (relocated), and a wooden gate arm on a guard shack. :mechanic:

Now that I think about it, my drivers are hard on ****.

20. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

same thing happened to me. i have the older style lights with the turn signals on the light bar. hit a separation where the concrete and asphalt meet, that wasnt more then 1/2in last year, that is now about 2in and blade tripped real hard, threw my truck in the air and lights went flying. was able to duct tape em for the night but new ones got put on the next day. that was not fun, scared the hell outta me thats for sure